23 years ago, Project Vietnam Foundation was founded to bring much needed healthcare to the underserved regions of Vietnam.
Since its inception with the help of donors and volunteers like yourself, we accomplished beyond what we envisioned:
- 2,050 Life changing surgeries–mainly Cleft lip and palate by our Surgical Team.
- 93,000 adults and children in the poor rural areas of Vietnam received the gift of health, including dental and vision care from our Primary care and Dental team.
- 100 patients with life threatening diseases, were saved by cardiac pacemakers inserted by the Cardiac Team.
- Infant mortality has decreased from 44.4 deaths per 1000 to 14 per 1000 (70%) through the exceptional work of the Training Team and partners at the International Relief Teams, Inc, who brought the neonatal resuscitation program of the American Academy of Pediatrics to train the healthcare providers in Vietnam. It is now part of the medical schools curriculum, making it sustainable.
- Communes in Central and North Highlands of Vietnam have been provided clean water and malnutrition treatment, through the Public Health Team.
- Our newest programs: The Autism Initiative will bring critical skills to caregivers in Vietnam and the U.S., and we initiated a U.S. Mental Health Program to work within the Vietnamese American Community.
On Sept. 29, Project Vietnam Foundation will be holding its annual gala fundraiser at the Westminster Rose Center. The Gala is our main fundraising event in Orange County providing us with much needed funds for our ongoing work.
If you have been blessed and want to help us in our efforts to change lives, please join us at this year’s gala by purchasing a ticket or sponsoring a table. Come learn about our mission and enjoy a night of food and entertainment.
If you cannot attend the even, you can still donate or volunteer. No amount of money or time is too large or small.
To purchase tickets/sponsor a table for the event, donate and/or volunteer please go to projectvietnam.org/gala2018.
Please call Tracie Nguyen (714) 725-5469 or Quynh Kieu (714) 724-0850.