We will be working at the province of Quang Tri, central Vietnam with great needs where we have built sustainability for the last 2 years.
There are exciting opportunities to promote province-wide improvements and start pilot projects:
- We have ongoing great local collaboration and partners at the General hospital, and medical college
- Training for the local health staff at the Medical College in the Departments of Community health/Nursing/Pharmacy.
November 2018 | Mission Itinerary
- Arrival in Vietnam (Hochiminh city) on Sunday 4th and connection to Hue on same day, arriving in Dong Ha by dinner time at Saigon Dong Ha hotel, dinner and overnight
- –Monday 5th: meeting with local partners at Medical college
- –November 6th: Travel to Huong Hoa District (highlands) and work at Huong Linh preschool overnight in Huong Hoa.
- –November 7th: Primary care at chosen commune in Huong Hoa district, return to Dong Ha back to Saigon Dong Ha hotel.
- –November 8-9th: Primary care at chosen sites in Hai Lang district.
- –November 10-11th: Sightseeing in Quang Tri with local friends.
- –November 12-15: Evaluations of Public health of local sites in conjunction with Community health department
- –November 16: Report and meeting with Quang Tri Health department for discussion
- –November 17: departure to Hue for day visit and flight to HCM city or for next destination.
Pricing is $1,850US which takes you from the boarding of the local flight (please arrive from your international flight before 12pm on Sunday 4th Nov) back to Saigon on Nov 17.
Your contribution will help us partially to cover the cost of supplies and medicines to provide care. Rooms are double occupancy, please indicate if you would like a single room and add $25/day. It also includes an insurance for your international trip covering the cost of evacuation (which we hope never have to use). For members in the Golden years, please add $30.
Please complete the application and provide the documents as enclosed by July 27th with a deposit of $250 which will cover visa + work permit.
We are looking for medical professionals (dentist/pharmacist/MD/RNs) and volunteers so please tell your friends.
Your Team leader is Roger Lutz, water engineer and global public health servant
Your Trip coordinator is Mai Khanh Le, formerly Social Worker and Mental health specialist for families and children – coordinated trip in April 2018 collaboration with Singapore Duke Medical School.
We will have telephone conferences during the week of July 30th.
We welcome your contribution, please call Dr. Quynh Kieu at (714)724-0850 for questions.