2020 Spring Medical Mission Registration Now Opened
Our Missions in Vietnam Have Served
Over 2050 children have been given the gift of reconstructive surgery. With the help of local health services, PVNF is able to locate children in need of cleft lip and palate surgery. Many of these surgeries require a follow-up care of nutritional support, speech therapy and a follow-up surgery.
Over 93,000 patients through our Primary Care Missions. Every year, volunteers sign up for our Spring Medical Mission to provide Medical Care, Dental Aid, Vision Checks and Pharmaceutical Services. Our Spring Mission typically begin around February or March.
Our Dental Team have served thousands of children who have never had dental services provided to them in the rural highland regions of Vietnam. Many children who live in the rural areas have no access to dental care; resulting in tooth decay, loss of teeth and poor dental hygiene.
Hundreds of Medical Professionals have been provided with Medical Training and Education focused programs in Neo-Natalogy, Pediatrics, Cardiology, Specialized Care (i.e. Infectious Diseases, Pulmonary Care, Mental Health)
24th Annual Gala Fundraising
On October 12, 2019, Project Vietnam Foundation will be hosting its 24th Annual Gala Fundraising Event at the Westminster Rose Center in Westminster, CA. Celebrating over 24 years of medical humanitarian services to the poor regions of Vietnam.
Enjoy a special evening of live musical performances, exciting live auctions by Winn Slavin Fine Art of Beverly Hills and more. Your presence and support to this year’s gala event will make a vital difference in our ongoing endeavors of making a change in the lives of children.
Diamond tables SOLD OUT.
Gold tables 1 REMAINING.
Silver tables SOLD OUT.
Bronze tables SOLD OUT.
In Loving Memories of Our Dear Friend, Mark Magadia Samala
- Viewing at Dimond and Shannon Mortuary, 10630 Chapman Ave, Garden Grove, CA 92840 on Friday June 7 from 3-8pm.
- Service at La Purissima Catholic Church, 11712 North Hewes street, Orange CA 92869 on Saturday June 8 at 6:30am followed by cremation.
Summer Medical Mission Registration Now Closed
Great Job Spring 2019 Medical Mission Volunteers
March 16-31, 2019, 155 volunteers came together for an extraordinary project:
- Transforming 55 lives of children with cleft lip/palate deformities at Quang Tri hospital
- Treating 4270 needy children and families on our rural outreach, a record high, we have ongoing collaboration with the local health department to refer patients and give health insurance.
- The public health team treated 329 children in preschools of highlands where 50% have anemia (improved from previous 73%) and monitored improvement at 2 sites of nutrition program, and clean water.
- The program ” Helping Babies Breathe ” taught by our partner team from Global Engagement Institute trained 4 Instructors and 20 Providers in Neonatal resuscitation donating CPR kits for neonates.
- The Bright Futures team delivered training to 250 health professionals in Saigon, Hue and Hanoi on care for children with special needs, and more importantly taught Early Identification and Intervention for children with autism to 150 professionals in collaboration with Vanderbilt University,
- The Neonatal team with Professor Steven Ringer developed new goals working with Perinatal Association and Vietnam Pediatric Society and Ministry of Health.
- The Cardiology team implanted in Saigon and Hanoi 20 pacemakers donated by Medtronic of $250,000 value.
Thanks to our volunteers who sweated, cried and rejoiced with the patients and families!
Mission Stories and Updates
“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” ~
PVNF Smiles for Hope Volunteers in San Jose got together to celebrate a successful 2018 fundraising
Volunteering in a Small Team in Quang Tri, Vietnam by Vi Lam Despite working with PVNF for
On March 8, 2018, I embarked on a week-long journey with the Project Vietnam Foundation (PVNF) to help provide medical care for the impoverished people of Central Vietnam. This journey not only deepened my understanding for my cultural heritage, but it also strengthened my admiration of the resilience of the Vietnamese people.
Volunteering and News Updates
On Saturday, October 12, 2019, Project Vietnam Foundation will host its 24th Annual Gala Fundraising Event.
Dear Friends, 23 years ago, Project Vietnam Foundation was founded to bring much needed healthcare to the underserved regions of Vietnam. Since its inception with