- Primary Care/Dental Teams
- Surgery Team #1
- Surgery Team #2
- Training Team, Cardiology
- Training Team, Neonatal
- Training Team, Pediatrics
- Travel Info
Physicians, dentists, optometrists, nurses and other healthcare personnel, medical students, engineers, professors, handymen, and any volunteers with humanitarian passion can volunteer. For medical or surgical specialists, you may be working at a facility in Hanoi or HCM city most appropriate for your skills.
Knowledge of Vietnamese language is not a requisite, and referrals from past participants receive first priority. Early registration is recommended. Participants pay their own travel and land cost, which is tax-deductible. Please go to the website http://www.projectvietnam.org/get-involved-2/join-a-medical-mission/ to submit an online application, download the Medical Mission application, and follow the instructions to return the required documents, and contact the coordinator for an interview.
Non-medical volunteers provide essential support for our medical trips. Because of the diversity of areas of assistance, volunteers are needed to help various teams in management tasks, patient education and relations, assisting physicians and dentists, supplies control & distribution, support work and translation if Vietnamese-speaking. We always need non-medical resources to provide assistance with patient transport, registration, instructions, and other tasks. These works offer opportunities for wonderful interactions with the needy children and their families.
If you are a new volunteer, please go to our website http://www.projectvietnam.org/get-involved-2/join-a-medical-mission/ to submit an online application. We will email you the registration forms and the instructions to complete your application.
If you are a returning volunteer, the administration team offers a quick application process to assist you with the registration. Please send an email to email@example.com to request for the registration forms or contact Chat Tran at Chattran@projectvietnam.org
Since PVNF group is providing free medical care in Vietnam, the licensed health personnel will need a special visa which is equivalent to a temporary license, and the entire group will also need a special authorization for the medical works.
Volunteers must have a working visa and a permit to participate in PVNF Medical mission works.
|Visa Validity||Working Visa Categories||Vietnam Origin||Non-Vietnam||Working Permit Fee||TOTAL COST
|1 MONTH||Health professional||N/A||$100||$150||$250|
|3 MONTH||Health professional||$100||$150||$250|
|1 YEAR||Health professional||$150||$150||$150||$300|
|5 YEARS||Health professional||$100||N/A||$150||$250|
- For people holding an active visa, a Vietnamese passport or a 5-year visa (US volunteers of Vietnam origin only), you still need a working permit for the medical work. The working permit fees are $50 for volunteer and $150 for health professional.
- If you decide to travel before or after the trip to visit friends/family and/or sightseeing, you can use the above Visa and will not need to obtain any other visa. Be sure to specify the correct Vietnam entry/arrival date.
- Filipino citizens can stay in VN for 21 days without a visa. You will need to use your Filipino passport for the entire time of the mission and still need a working permit for the medical work ($50 for volunteer and $150 for health professional).
- SGN/HCM = Saigon/Ho Chi Minh city
|Surgical Team #1||Cleft lip/cleft palate children||Hospital 175, SGN/HCM||Mar 3rd – Mar 9th, 2018|
|Primary/Dental Care||Dong Ha, Quang Tri Province (central VN)||Mar 10th – Mar 16th, 2018|
|Training, Pediatrics||SGN/HCM||Mar 3rd – Mar 16th, 2018|
|Training, Pediatrics||Hanoi||Mar 3rd – Mar 16th, 2018|
- Tan Son Nhat/TSN International Airport in Ho Chi Minh City/HCM (formerly Saigon/SGN)
- Noi Bai International Airport in Hanoi City
Typical International Carriers are: Cathay Pacific (via Hong Kong), Japan Airlines (via Tokyo), EVA Airway or China Airlines (via Taipei), Asiana Airlines (via Seoul), Delta, United Airlines.
Tan Son Nhat International Airport
Date of Arrivals:
|Sub-Teams||Tan Son Nhat International Airport. (HCM /SGN) city||Noi Bai International Airport in Hanoi city|
|Surgical team 1 : Cleft lip/cleft palate children||Saturday, March 3rd 2018
before 12:00pm (Noon).
|Primary/Dental Care||Saturday, March 10th, 2018
before 12:00pm (Noon).
|Training – Pediatrics||tbd||tbd|
|Training – Neonatal||tbd||tbd|
- Cleft Palate Surgery: Hospital 175 – Saigon/Ho Chi Minh (SGN/HCM) city
- Primary/Dental Care: Dong Ha, Quang Tri Province (central Vietnam)
- Training- Cardiology: Saigon/Ho Chi Minh (SGN / HCM) city; Hanoi city
- Training- Pediatrics: Saigon/Ho Chi Minh (SGN / HCM); Hanoi city
- Training- Neonatal: TBD
Cost is generally about $2000 for two weeks excluding visa and international flight. It will provide housing (double accommodations unless you pay a single supplement), meals and transportation including pickup at airport if you arrive with the group on March 3rd or March 10th.
- International Air: US-VN you will need to purchase it on your own.
- Land Cost: Includes transportation (domestic air and bus), meals, one day sightseeing for the Primary Care team and a farewell Gala Dinner. This includes also 2 PVNF shirts that you must wear during the medical clinics.
- $950/person (double occupancy) one week for the Surgery team;
- $1000/person (double occupancy) one week for the Primary care team (working in central Vietnam)
- $1850/person (double occupancy) 2 weeks.
- Working Visa cost – (See Question #4 for details)
- Optional costs:
- Travel insurance cost
- Hotel Single occupancy
- Additional PVNF shirts ($10/shirt)
|Sub-Teams||Paragon Saigon Hotel-District 1||Rosaliza
Hotel in Quang Tri
Hotel in Hue
|Cleft Palate Surgery||03/03 – 03/09|
|Training – Cardiology|
|Training – Pediatrics|
|Training – Neonatal|
- Paragon Saigon Hotel in District 1 HCM city – in the area of Japanese Town http://paragonsaigon.com
- Rosaliza Hotel in Hanoi. https://www.hotels.com/ho357948/rosaliza-hotel-hanoi-vietnam/
- Muong Thanh hotel in Quang Tri http://grandquangtri.muongthanh.com/en/home.html
Please read our Volunteer manual which will help answer many other questions such as What to pack? What immunizations are recommended? etc…
We try to accommodate special requests such as (vegetarian diet, rooming with other volunteer on the trip – spouses are automatically given shared accommodation)
Please send your request ASAP to firstname.lastname@example.org
For any other question, please email email@example.com
You will be contacted after application for interview and will have the opportunity to ask more questions then.
- Quynh Kieu (QK) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chat Tran (CT) email@example.com
- Paul Tran (PT) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kim-Thu Pham (KT) email@example.com
- LanPhuong Le (LL) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nga Tran (NT) NgaTran@projectvietnam.org
For all general questions. Pvnfmission@gmail.com
|Subjects||(1) QK||(2) CT||(3) PT||(4) KT||(5) LL||(6) NT|
|Health Professional Assignments||X|
|Medical related topics||X|
|Application process /status||X|
|Special requests on hotel reservation, Health insurance, others||X|
|Invoice and Payment, Tax receipts||X|
|Dental Care & Primary Care Program/activity||X|
|Visa related questions||X|
Note: You and your party can extend your trip to explore Vietnam. We can recommend some travel agencies in Vietnam to handle your tour(s).